It is said that colors and emotions are interconnected. Color has a notable amount of impact on moods, feelings, and emotions. So why not it will influence studying? According to recent researches, color can boost your attention level and is impactful to improve memory performance.
That being said, that colors can capture finer alertness levels. And even it helps for better memorization. There are lots of colors that can play a key role in studying and learning. Among all the colors, blue, red, green, orange, and yellow are the best room color for studying.
Importance of Choosing the Best Study Room Color
While you’re studying, if the color doesn’t please your eyes, it would be irritating, I think. So, it’s mandatory to select the best color for your study room. Let’s find out the importance of having a proper color in your study room.
- Each color has a particular wavelength, and each of these impacts our physical and mental health in numerous ways.
- Different combined-colors of flowers are good for our health, delight, and contentment.
- Colors significantly affect our moods and emotions, which is scientifically proven by experts. Plus, it can cut off your disappointments and bring cheerfulness to your mind.
- We all know that rainbow is a combination of seven colors. These mixed colors of the sun create an environment that affects neurological pathways in the brain.
- Different types of colors are part of the electromagnetic spectrum, which can create a biochemical response.
Best Room Color for Studying
To create emotional responses among consumers, most of the leading brands heavily use colors to seek customers’ attention and emphasize their key features. After proper researches, we have found that there are mainly three different colors: Basic, secondary, and post-secondary color.
Blue, red, and yellow is the primary colors, while a blend of two primary colors is regarded as a secondary color. However, a mix of a basic and a secondary color produces a post-secondary color. Before choosing a color, remember to evaluate the quantity of natural lighting you have in your reading room.
Blue: Relaxing & Calm
Blue is the most relaxing hue on the color. It has a positive effect on the mind. Additionally, it can bring a box of calmness and relaxation to put your mind in the right mood. Plus, at night, it helps to slow down human metabolism. One study found that most of the people like blue color or at least not dislike them.
Generally, Blue colors are used to conveyed awareness and sharpness, but mostly, it expresses emotions of belief, faithfulness, tidiness, and intelligence. It is not hard to see when 53 percent of the nations have blue colors in their flags. As a result, you can select a blue color in your study room for tranquility, intelligence, and clarity.
Green: Concentration & Pleasing
As a human being, you already know how green color surrounds our home, field, and forest. It is ideal for background and a natural choice for interior design.
Besides, Green color is a relaxed color that is very pleasing to the human as it presents a big amount of nature. Like the color blue, it also provides both mental and physical relaxation. Additionally, it is perfect in light tone for your small study room because it gives a sense of freshness and airiness to your mind. Most importantly, it brings peace, cheerfulness, and happiness to people.
Red is a polarizing color which holds a ton of different meaning. This intense color has one of the longest wavelengths. It can rouse you to notice it for a long distance. It is the reason why most traffic signals have a red color. Moreover, it shows love, affection, and bonds between people.
A red desk in your study room will keep you always active by sensing the color effect while studying. Additionally, with a touch of red feeling, it can bring your attention actively on your mind.
Orange: Mood Lifter
Like red is the most vibrant color, orange is the color of joy and enthusiasm. In color psychology, orange is warm and vivid. You can make orange colors by mixing red and yellow colors together.
The color orange gives the feeling of mood-lifting and welcoming for learners. Surprisingly, one study found that orange is capable of enhancing oxygen supply to the brain.
Due to the improvement of oxygen supply, it will stimulate your mental activity while boosting your self-consciousness. A reading room will create a much pleasure environment with the touch of orange color.
Yellow: Positivity & Intelligent
Yellow is the color of intellect, wisdom, and friendship through ages. This color is the definition of self-esteem, which arouses cheerfulness and makes one happy and optimistic. It has a deep connection with nature. In the morning, the bright sunrise exposure of yellow sun will encourage your spirit, give your clarity, and pour new optimism. Additionally, it will make your vision more positive and stimulate your mind.
Yellow colors also indicate honor and loyalty, so friendship is symbolized by yellow color. Most interestingly, it is also an attention-getter. Considering all the usefulness, it is the right color for your reading room.
How to choose room color for studying
To choose room color for studying, you can follow some which are given below:
- Stick to your favorite color. Find the colors which you already love in your home.
- Take decisions based on your study room size. Darker colors can make a room smaller and cozier, while lighter shades can make a room seem larger and brighter.
- You should also consider the overall color scheme of your house because an entirely different color may get you attention from your study.
- Analyze the lighting space in your reading room because the color looks different under different types of light.
- For an energized room, you can choose a warm red or yellow color while the blue color is suitable for a more relaxed room.
- You can use a sample or test multiple colors to see how they affect your study’s concentration.
Hopefully, you already know regarding your reading room colors and their importance. You should consider efficiently to choose the correct color for better learning. As color is a basic thing to human experience, it has a significant impact on your lives.
Additionally, the right color can increase your study efforts when you succeed in choosing a perfect color for your study room. Hence, from the above discussion, we hope you can choose the best room color for studying from this interesting and informative article.