Sitting for a long time on the office chair and working in the office may cause tailbone pain. This mostly happens when you do not know the Causes & management of tailbone pain. Every year, a lot of people suffer from this problem. It is quite painful and disgusting for sure. Sitting in the wrong position, not using an ergonomic chair, and not taking proper exercises are the main reasons for this.
A good chair can help you achieve good body posture and reduce your pain. However, you need to make sure you have the best office chair for tailbone pain that is specially designed. Only then you will see a positive result of your pain. Stick to the article to the end to find the best chair for you.
Table of content:
Are you running out time yet want to perceive everything described below? If yes, then have a look at the table of content below.
You should compare some good office chairs with their features and benefits to get the right one for you. Have a look at this comparison chart to make the best decision.
5 Best Office Chair for Tailbone Pain Reviews 2020
Since a lot of people search for the best office chair that can help reduce tailbone pain, the market becomes more competitive. Finding the best one becomes even tougher, especially for the newbie. Here are some suggestions for you.
1. DRAGONN (by VIVO) Ergonomic Kneeling Chair
DRAGONN Ergonomic Kneeling Chair is an effective chair with its so many features and benefits. It comes with a functional design that allows you to get the benefit of standing posture while providing the comfort of sitting. This design evenly distributes the weight throughout the legs and buttocks and places your back at an upright posture. This combination makes it a great office chair for coccyx pain.
With its mesh three-inch-thick cushion, you have enough comfort and support. Besides, it offers height adjustment from 21″ to 31″ that allows you to set the height at your convenience. At the same time, it helps you reduce your tailbone pain as well. It is made of a strong metal base that ensures durability and stability. With its construction, it can hold up to 250 lbs. easily.
Besides, you have 4 casters wheels that let you move with the chair as you do in a traditional office chair. It enables you to adjust to the new chair quickly. With its sleek all-black style, this one will be perfectly suitable for your office and home as well.
- The chair features the functional design that lets you enjoy the benefit of standing and the comfort of sitting at the same time.
- You can easily adjust the height to make it perfectly ergonomic and comfortable for you to get rid of tailbone pain.
- It comes with a comfortable mesh three-inch-thick cushion that provides comfort and keeps your butt pleasure.
- The chair can hold up to 250 lbs. with its powerful and strong metal base that ensures stability and durability.
- Its 4 wheels allow you to move everywhere easily where its sleek black design enhances the aesthetic look of the office.
2. Safco Products Zenergy Ball Chair
Safco Products Zenergy Ball Chair is another good chair that is designed to ensure a better active workday. With this chair, you will have a better posture that leads to alleviating tailbone pain and also better core muscle strength. It features an anti-burst exercise ball that provides you yoga ball benefits as well.
You will have stability and durability with its four legs. Besides, it can be the best exercise ball chair as you can adjust the height when assembling from 20″ to 23″. As a result, it helps you achieve the perfect comfortable body position to work for a long time without paining your tailbone. A manual pump is included to inflate the ball as well.
Also, it comes with durable polyester fabric that ensures maximum comfort and durability. With its easy-to-clean vinyl cover, you can keep the chair new and clean all the time by cleaning the cover. Its construction is made of powder-coated steel that enables more stability. That means you will get stability, comfort, and durability with full ergonomic body posture with this chair.
Safco Products Features:
- The chair comes with an anti-burst exercise ball that delivers you the right body posture and movement easily.
- You have an air pump that helps you inflate the ball and make the ball comfortable for you.
- It lets you adjust the chair height so that you can easily achieve your desired height at convenience.
- The chair features durable polyester fabric along with a washable cover that allows you to get a clean and fresh chair every time.
- Its construction is built with powder-coated steel so that you get longer durability and smooth stability.
3. Predawn Ergonomic Kneeling Chair
Predawn Ergonomic Kneeling Chair comes into the market to provide a natural upright position to relieve tailbone pain. It evenly distributes your body weight through your legs and butts so that you do not put much pressure on the tailbone.
It comes with the rocking motion that helps you make the core active and engaged all the time. As a result, it increases blood flow, strengthens abdominal, and improves focus as well. You have the non-adjustable frame so that you cannot position it for bad body posture that makes it one of the good chairs for back. It is designed to provide you a good body posture, and this frame ensures that.
The frame is made of solid wood that ensures a good durability. Its cover is made of elastic sponge linen fabric that is breathable. That means without the adjustment, you will get maximum comfort while working and work for a long time. Also, it is lightweight and easily moved so that you can easily clean it and place it anywhere you feel suitable.
Predawn Ergonomic Features:
- The chair comes with an ergonomic design that evenly distributes the weight to reduce pressure on the tailbone.
- It features a rocking motion that keeps your core engaged and active all the time for better blood flow and improved focus.
- You cannot adjust the frame as it is non-adjustable so that you do not get any bad body posture by adjusting it.
- The frame is made of solid wood that assures durability where its lightweight design enables you to move and clean it easily.
- You have the breathable elastic sponge linen fabric that allows you to get the comfort and work for a long time.
4. Gaiam Classic Balance Ball Chair
If you are after the best office chair for tailbone pain, then you should consider the Gaiam Classic Balance Ball Chair. This chair is designed by fitness experts to get proper body alignment and right body posture. It helps you reduce pain related to long term work such as tailbone.
The chair enables micro-movements from sitting. This keeps your body and mind engaged in providing better productivity and focusing on your work. It can be the best balance ball office chair with its removable large 52 cm exercise ball. You will get the benefit of a yoga ball, and at the same time, you will have comfort. An air pump is there to inflate the ball at your convenience. It can hold up to 300-pound weight easily.
It comes with 2 inches Gaiam Leg Extender that allows you to adjust the height as well. You have a lightweight design of 13 pounds only. This helps you move it anywhere you want. With its 4 Easy-Glide Caster Wheels, it becomes even easier to move. You will get an exercise guide with the chair that helps you do basic exercise to relieve pain in the tailbone.
Gaiam Classic Features:
- The chair is designed ergonomically by the expert to ensure an ergonomic body posture to relieve the tailbone and other long term work-related pains.
- It features micro-movements from sitting that helps you keep your body and mind engaged all the time.
- You have a comfortable large 52 cm exercise ball with an air pump that provides you the benefits of yoga ball and comfort.
- You can adjust the height with its 2 inches Gaiam Leg Extender and know some basic exercise with the exercise guide that comes with it.
- The chair weighs 13 pounds only and comes with 4 Easy-Glide Caster Wheels that make it easy to move and carry.
5. BERLMAN Ergonomic Chair
Up next is the BERLMAN Ergonomic Chair that comes into the market to provide you comfort, good body posture, and flexibility. It offers an integrated frame that ensures durability and helps you get a good body posture. With its built-in lumbar support and headrest, you can keep your neck and waist in the right position that makes it the best computer chair for back of this list.
It features hand rest that makes it a perfect option for office or computer table. You can even flip the arms when not in use and keep the chair under the table to keep your room organized and save space. With its contoured, breathable mesh back, you will get comfort and coolness on your back that promotes long time work without paining your tailbone.
The tilt-lock mechanism, along with the tilt tension knob, also helps you achieve a good body position. With its seat height adjustment, you can adjust the seat height and make it perfect for your height. Its heavy-duty base provides stability up to 250lbs. You have the silenced rolling PU casters that allow you to move the chair just like the traditional chair for added flexibility.
BERLMAN Ergonomic Features:
- The chair comes with an integrated frame and heavy-duty base that promotes stability and durability while sitting.
- It comes with the height adjustment that lets you adjust the height and enjoy a comfortable height position.
- The lumbar support and headrest, along with the armrest, enable you to achieve the ergonomic body posture.
- Its contoured, breathable mesh back ensures air circulation and provides comfort while working for a long time at the office or home.
- You can flip the arm of the chair to keep it under the table by sliding with its silenced rolling PU casters.
How To Relieve Tailbone Pain While Sitting?
Tailbone pain mainly happens for a long time sitting and lack of proper exercise. You can get relief from the tailbone pain easily if you can follow these tips.
Get a good body posture
Since one of the main reasons for the tailbone pain is the bad body posture, you should get a good body position if you have the pain. In that case, a good chair can help by distributing the weight evenly. So take a good chair and have an ergonomic sitting position. In that case, you should keep your body straight, legs in a good position, and head straight. A good body posture can help you reduce the pain.
Avoid sitting more than 10 minutes long
The main reason for the tailbone pain is sitting for a long time. That is why you have to avoid sitting for a long time. You need to get up from sitting every 10 minutes. Then you can go to the next room or any other place for 5 minutes to walk. After that, come back to the chair and start working for another 10 minutes. This will help you reduce the pain.
Apply heat or ice is possible
If you have so much pain on the tailbone, you can try applying heat and ice. It will reduce the pain temporarily. It is proven that heat or ice can reduce pain for a few minutes, or in some cases, for a few hours. However, please don’t rely on that as it cannot be a permanent solution.
Do basic exercise
Exercising can help you get relief of pain in a great way. That is why you should do some basic exercises related to your tailbone pain. You can do it either every morning, or you can do it in the break you take after 10 minutes of working. No matter what, you should do some basic exercise to reduce the pain.
Consult the doctor
Consulting the doctor is the best thing you can do to reduce your tailbone pain. Doctors know more than us about our bodies. A doctor can easily tell you why the tailbone pain and how you can solve the problem. Even if necessary, he will suggest medicine that can help a lot as well.
Frequently Asked Question
Do you have more questions to ask after reading so far about chairs for tailbone pain? If yes, then have a look at the section below.
Is tailbone pain serious?
Can sitting for long periods of time cause tailbone pain?
Can tailbone pain cause sciatica?
What doctor should I see for tailbone pain?
Does walking help tailbone pain?
A good ergonomic chair can help you achieve good body posture and reduce tailbone pain. At the same time, it helps you evenly distribute your body weight through your butt and legs to decrease the pressure on the tailbone. That is why it is important to have a good chair specially designed for tailbone pain. We have portrayed some good chairs for you with their features and benefits.
If you are not sure about the best office chair for tailbone pain, I will suggest you go for the Gaiam Classic Balance Ball Chair. It helps you get proper body alignment and right body posture with its expert design. You can keep your body and mind engaged with the micro-movements from sitting on a large 52 cm exercise ball. Also, it allows you to adjust the height and move the chair easily. So overall, this one can help you reduce the pain on your tailbone.