As an office person, you might have to sit for a long time at your desk. If the office chair is not perfect and ergonomic for you, it may cause back pain, less blood circulation, and other pains. You will find numerous ergonomic office chairs for large people. Unfortunately, a short, heavy person rarely finds a suitable chair at the office.
However, if you do your research, you can still find the best Office Chair for Short Heavy Person. A good chair will help you stay comfortable and healthier all day long. Our experts’ team has done all the hard work for you to let you find the best one.
Table of Content:
Are you in a hurry yet desire to perceive every detail we have described below? Then please check this table of content and use it to navigate easily:
- 5 Best Office Chair for Short Heavy Person Reviews 2021
- How Should You Sit in an Office Chair?
- Why Should You Buy an Office Chair for a Short Heavy Person?
- Final Word
We have brought some good office chairs for short heavy people and compared them for you. Have a look at the comparison chart to make the best decision.
5 Best Office Chair for Short Heavy Person Reviews 2021
Since there are not many good chairs available for short and heavy people, it is tough to find the best one. But when you have the experts’ suggestions, you can easily pick the Best Office Chair for Short Heavy Person. So here are the suggestions for office chairs from our expert team:
1. HON HON2281VA10T Lota Office Chair
The Lota Office Chair is a great example of the best office chair for short heavy person. It comes with a sandwich mesh seat that ensures higher comfort and keeps you cool during long time use. Also, it has a geometric mesh back that supports your back for a more ergonomic position.
With its intuitive weight-activated recliner, it supports your lower back and provides the highest comfort. Also, this recline helps you eliminate the need for levers or paddles for adjustment. It can be the best office chair for tall person with its height-adjustable lever. This makes the height adjustment easier.
Also, it has adjustable pivot arms that allow you to adjust the armrest height or move it toward and away from your body. Moreover, you can swivel around to complete your desk tasks more smoothly. There are wheels as well that let you move anywhere smoothly.
HON HON2281VA10T Features:
- The Lota office chair has a sandwich mesh seat with geometric mesh back provides a long time comfort and cool feelings.
- It has an intuitive weight-activated recliner that supports your body firmly for a better ergonomic sitting.
- You have a height-adjustable lever that allows you to adjust the height and make it perfect for any height.
- It has adjustable pivot arms that let you adjust the armrest height and move it forward or backward.
- You can swivel with its 360-degree swivel and move any side quickly with its durable wheel.
The chair has a durable construction that can easily hold a good weight. Also, it features height and armrest adjustment that makes it perfectly suitable for short heavy people. So, for a long time of office use, this chair can easily provide you comfort and flexibility.
2. La-Z-Boy Executive Office Chair
If comfort is the main concern for you, you should consider picking this Office Chair by La-Z-Boy. It features an advanced memory foam layering system that delivers superior comfort and higher durability. Besides, you will have lumbar cushions that will support your back and ensure a perfectly balanced sitting position.
There is a padded headrest as well that can support your head for long time office work. Its waterfall seat edge reduces the leg pressure and keeps the blood circulation smoother all the time. You have solid wood combination construction that provides better longevity for heavy people. With its wooden arms covered with leather, you can glorify your office desk.
The height is fully adjustable which means you can make the height suitable for your short height. Besides, you can adjust recline and tilt settings to make it even more comfortable. An ergonomic seat-side control is there that helps you adjust all those things for more convenience and flexibility.
La-Z-Boy Executive Features:
- It features an advanced memory foam layering system that maximizes the overall sitting comfort.
- You have lumbar cushions and a padded headrest that supports your back and neck for an ergonomic body position.
- It has a waterfall seat edge that will reduce the pressure on your leg to continue the blood circulation.
- The solid wood and leather combination construction enhances the aesthetic beauty and holds heavyweight easily.
- It has an adjustable height, recline, and tilt that makes it perfectly suitable for short to tall people.
So overall, you will get a fully adjustable chair with top quality construction. Also, it offers superior comfort for long time use and back and neck support for the ergonomic sitting position. You even get an easy to use mechanism that makes it a perfect office chair for a short heavy person.
3. Safco Products Vue Task Chair
For office tasks, you need something that can support an intensive workload. The Safco Products Chair is designed for short heavy people to support their intensive long-time workload. It features an ergonomic breathable mesh back for less sweating and a cool experience. You have a Waterfall seat edge that keeps the blood circulation running by reducing pressure on the legs.
Besides, it offers a height-adjustable seat that allows you to adjust the height from 31″ to 37″. You will have a pneumatic lever that makes the job easier for adjusting. Its adjustable tilt ensures you smoother support all the time. You can enjoy 360-Degree Swivel that makes the official task even easier than before.
Its heavy-duty construction can support weights up to 500 lbs which is good enough for a heavy small person. In addition, it offers a black powder coat finish that magnifies the look of your office desk. With its swivel wheels, you can smoothly move from one place to another without scratching the office floor.
Safco Products Features:
- This chair has a comfortable foam and breathable mesh with a waterfall seat edge to enjoy a long working hour with .
- It offers a height-adjustable seat with a pneumatic lever so that you can adjust the height from 31″ to 37″.
- Its adjustable tilt ensures proper body alignment where its 360-Degree Swivel ensures easy body movement.
- You have heavy-duty construction that can easily support weights up to 500 lbs and ensures longevity.
- It has a black powder coat finish with its swivel wheels that protect the office floor and promotes easy movement.
Overall, this is a useful chair with a breathable mesh pad and waterfall seat edge. You can enjoy sitting for a long time while adjusting the height between 31″ to 37″. Since the chair offers higher capacity, if you are a short heavyweight person, you can use this chair for office tasks.
4. Serta Ashland Office Chair
When you are after a good office chair for a heavy small person, you should consider the Serta Ashland Office Chair. It offers a combination of chic design to provide additional comfort. You will get memory foam cushions that will deliver comfort for long time work. Also, there is foam on the armrests for comfortable hand placement.
With its comfortable design, you can get good back support to stay on the seat for a long time. It can be the best ergonomic office chair for tall person with its adjustable height facility. This helps you control the height accordingly.. Apart from that, it offers stainless steel and leather construction for added durability.
There are caster wheels that offer easy mobility in your office without damaging the office floor. Its modern design enhances the beauty of your office room. Along with that, you will get a chrome-finished stand for 360-degree swivel. You can smoothly move your body at a 360-degree angle that makes it better for office tasks.
Serta Ashland Office Features:
- You’ll have the memory foam cushions all across this chair for better body support and comfort.
- It offers an adjustable height facility that allows you to make the height perfectly suitable for a small heavy person.
- This chair has a stainless steel and leather construction that supports heavy weight load and ensures long time durability.
- The caster wheels and 360-degree swivel allow you to move from one place to another easily.
- You have a modern design with a chrome-finished stand that enhances the aesthetic look of your room.
This chair offers a good look with added comfort and durability. Also, it lets you adjust the chair height accordingly. So overall, for office tasks, this one will be a suitable option for short heavy people with its heavy-duty class design.
5. YAMASORO Executive Office Chair
Up next is the YAMASORO Chair which is an excellent office chair for sciatica nerve pain. It offers a wider and thicker backrest that helps you provide comfort and alleviate sciatica nerve pain. You will also have high-density natural sponges made of foam on the back for even more convenience. This foam is non-toxic and durable and can hold high pressure easily.
Along with that, it features soft, durable, and water-repellent PU leather that makes the chair even more comfortable. You’ll have an eye-catching design with its steel alloy construction. It also ensures better longevity and high workload. Besides, you can rest your hand for a long time for its foam on the armrests.
The chair offers an adjustable height that allows you to make the height suitable for you. Besides, the easy-to-use pneumatic controls make the adjustment easier than ever. You can keep your tilt back or right with its control handle for a better body alignment. Moreover, it has a 360-degree swivel and flip-up arm design for more customization.
YAMASORO Executive Features:
- The wider and thicker backrest with adjustable armrests provides you enough room and comfort to sit.
- You have high-density natural sponges made foam on the back and armrests that make the chair more comfortable.
- Its soft, durable, and water-repellent PU leather with steel alloy ensures a classic and durable design.
- You can comfortably make the height perfectly suitable for you with an adjustable height function.
- It has a 360-degree swivel along with a nylon five-star base that ensures easy movement and stability.
For long time office work, this chair will be the perfect option since it has comfortable leather all around. Also, it offers adjustable height and easy movement that makes it even better for office tasks. You can enjoy your long day sitting on this chair.
How Should You Sit in an Office Chair?
It is important for you to sit on the office chair properly if you want to enjoy the sitting. You then need to know how you should sit for that. So, here is the process of sitting in an office chair properly.
Ensures straight alignment:
When sitting on the office chair, the first thing you need to do is to straighten your body alignment. Most of the spiral problems start with the wrong body alignment when working on the desk for a long time. You should keep your body straight so that your backbone stays straight and in position. This will help you avoid any spinal problems due to sitting.
Support your back:
Also, you need to support your back properly. A lot of people around the globe are suffering from back pain. This problem generally occurs due to the lack of back support. You will find good chairs that offer good back support. Try to use those chairs so that you can get good back support. Pillows and cushions are available to support your back. Try to use those.
Keep your arms in position:
A lot of people forget to keep their arms in position when sitting on the office chair. A lot of problems such as elbow injuries can happen when you do not keep your arms in position. You should have your arms supported when sitting on a chair. Also, keep them straight so that your hands get a natural position and you can avoid much stress on the hands.
Support your neck:
Neck and shoulder pains happen due to the lack of support on the neck when sitting on the chair. All the good office chairs come with pillows or headrests to support your neck and head. This is done to ensure good body posture. So manage enough neck and head support.
Ensures perfect leg position:
Don’t forget to ensure a good leg position on the office chair. A lot of people find it convenient to cross their legs when sitting and working on the desk. It is a bad practice and this reduces your legs’ and feet’s blood flow. Keep your legs and feet in a natural straight position so that the blood flow increases.
Why Should You Buy an Office Chair for a Short Heavy Person?
Since you are about to purchase an office chair for a short heavy person, you need to know its benefits. So here are the main benefits you can expect from a good office chair for a short heavy person.
- A good office chair for a short person is designed for short people so that they can get good reach with their feet.
- It helps short people to get a comfortable sitting position since the seat is not wide and large.
- Most good office chairs come with comfortable cushions and foam that ensure maximum comfort while sitting.
- You can enjoy a long time sitting without sweating and sticking since the chair features breathable mesh.
- It offers height adjustment that allows you to make the height perfect for you even if you are a tall person.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does your mind have more questions to ask? Then you should consider checking our FAQ section below for better clarification.
Do office chairs have a weight limit?
There are different office chairs available in the market with different holding capacity. A medium office chair can hold 300 lbs where large office chairs can handle 800lbs depending on the capacity.
What is the best office chair for long hours?
The best office chair for long hours will be comfortable and made of breathable mesh. Also, it will have proper back support and promote the right body alignment for the ergonomic sitting position.
How much should I spend on an office chair?
Well, only you know your budget and you should spend your money on the office chair according to your budget. However, a 350 to 800 dollar budget is suitable for an office chair.
What is the standard height of an office chair?
There is no such standard height for an office chair since different users have different heights. However, in general, a common height for an office chair will be between 28″ to 30″.
How often should an office chair be replaced?
You should replace your office chair after every 5 years even though it looks good after that period. Besides, if the chair gets damaged before that, make sure you replace the chair as well.
A good office chair is a must for working long hours in an office comfortably. However, most good office chairs are made for tall and medium-size people. Finding the Best Office Chair for Short Heavy Person becomes difficult. That is why our experts have brought some good office chairs for short people with their features.
All those office chairs are good for a short heavy person. However, in our opinion, Lota Office Chair can be a good option with its sandwich mesh seat and geometric mesh back. You will get intuitive weight-activated recline and height adjustment as well. It even offers adjustable pivot arms and swivels that make it a good office chair for short people.