Sitting all day can cause severe back pain with other health-related problems. Using a chair for back pain can help you avoid it. An ergonomic chair will help you maintain a healthier posture and thus avoid back pain. And it also helps reduce absence from work due to injury and an improvement in job performance.
But, choosing a living room chair for back pain is a very challenging task due to various models. In this article, we have picked up 5 best living room chairs for lower back pain after doing in-depth research on several chairs in the market. Let’s have a look below.
What Type Of Chair Is Good For Lower Back Pain?
Back pain is a very common problem, especially for those who do work sitting in an office for long hours. A very hard and very soft chair cannot ensure good posture so that a good ergonomic chair will help you to avoid back and body pain. The chair has a sturdy construction and odor-free upholstery that provide comfort. Also, you can recline at different angles with extended leg support that ensures good posture and reduce back pain effectively.
Note: Here, we have covered the type of chair for lower back pain. If you want to discover more, you can read: Can you get lower back pain from sitting too much?
Table of content:
Below is the table of content for your quick navigation:
- 5 Best Living Room Chairs For Lower Back Pain Reviews 2020
- 1. Full Body Electric Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner with Built-in Heat Therapy Air Massage System
- 2. Signature Design by Ashley Yandel Power Lift Oversized Recliner Saddle
- 3. Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair Sofa with Massage and Heat for Elderly
- 4. CANMOV Power Lift Recliner Chair for Elderly- Heavy Duty
- 5. ANJ Manual Fabric Recliner Chair, Soft Reclining Chair for Living Room Modern Sofa
- What To Consider Before Buying A Living Room Chair For Lower Back Pain?
If you want to see our selected living room chairs for lower back pain, you can go through the comparison chart below:
Full Body Electric Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner with Built-in Heat Therapy Air Massage System
Signature Design by Ashley Yandel Power Lift Oversized Recliner Saddle
Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair Sofa with Massage and Heat for Elderly
CANMOV Power Lift Recliner Chair for Elderly- Heavy Duty
ANJ Manual Fabric Recliner Chair, Soft Reclining Chair for Living Room Modern Sofa
5 Best Living Room Chairs For Lower Back Pain Reviews 2020
Choosing a suitable lower back pain chair is very difficult because there are a lot of options and models in the market. Below, we have reviewed 5 best living room chairs for lower back pain that will meet your needs.
1. Full Body Electric Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner with Built-in Heat Therapy Air Massage System
Full Body Electric Shiatsu Massage Chair comes with 21 airbags that provide massage on different parts of your body to reduce back pain effectively. Its combined heat therapy provides heat massage on foot and back that reduces muscle pain from these areas by reducing blood flow. Also, the airbags provide comprehensive massage on back and pelvis are by inflating that makes it the best home chair for lower back pain.
It has shiatsu, kneading, knocking and tapping massage functions that can solve all pain easily. It provides a maximum 170-degree reclining system that improves the massaging experience. Also, it has 9 auto massaging systems that ensure various types of massage to get comfort. Its 7 modes provide functional diversity and allow to control easily.
The comfortable chair for back pain has a body scanning function that automatically detects your body size and sets a suitable massage for you. Its sensors can measure the spine length and adjust the intensity level based on your weight. Also, the Holt sensor and 11 signal tset switches measure your body height to adjust the chair’s height for a comfortable massage.
Full Body Electric Features:
- It comes with 21 airbags that provide 4 levels of full body massage to reduce muscle pain, back pain and leg pain.
- The intelligent scanning system automatically sets up the massage according to our height and weight.
- Its 11 tset signal switches allow to lift the chair for comfortable massaging sessions.
- It has 7 massage modes and 9 auto preset programs that ensure a better massage experience.
- The combined heat therapy helps to reduce the pain by improving blood flow in the body muscle.
2. Signature Design by Ashley Yandel Power Lift Oversized Recliner Saddle
Signature Design by Ashley Yandel Power Lift Oversized Recliner Saddle is equipped with a dual motor that helps to lift and recline the chair according to your needs. It has a touch button that allows to control the lifting and reclining system. The lift mode reduces back and legs pain by providing comfort with a better lounging experience.
It has made with faux leather and thick cushions that provide comfort. The sturdy metal frame ensures a perfect seating position with extra support. Also, the brown leather cover gives a good touch feel with poly fiber saddle. You can easily assemble the chair with hand tools that comes with the chair and it is easily placed at 30 inches doorways.
It has generous sizing that measures 35 inches x 40 inches x 42.5 inches with 20 inches seat height that is suitable for everyone. The armrests are padded with thick material and leather cover that ensure comfort while sitting on the chair. After all, it can be considered as the best chair for back support at home.
Signature Design Features:
- The chair is designed with a power-operated lift and tilt system that reduce back and muscle pain quickly.
- It is made with faux leather and thick cushions that ensure a comfortable sitting position.
- Its dual motor allows to recline back and elevate legs to get extra comfort.
- It has a sturdy corner-blocked frame that provides stability with 360 degree rotation.
- For its generous size, you can place the chair at 30 inches doorways and assemble easily.
3. Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair Sofa with Massage and Heat for Elderly
Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair is constructed with a durable metal frame that can take any bodyweight easily. It has 8 vibrating nodes and 1 in the waist that helps to reduce back pain so it could be your best chair for back pain sufferers. With the under-seat construction, the anti-back tipping ensures stability and safety while reclining on the chair. Also, it has a motor that allows to lift and tilt chair with quiet and long-lasting performance.
It is made with high quality double faux leather and thick cushions that provide comfortable sitting experience with 140-degree reclining. The upholstery doesn’t require oil or waxes to clean up because it can be cleaned up with a simple dry cloth. Also, it has dual USB ports that allow to charge phone, tablets etc. The cup holders help to keep drinks located in the armrests.
The armrests are overstuffed that ensure comfort in hands. It has 5 levels of intensities that allows to control massaging vibration and speed. The heat therapy provides comprehensive massage and reduces muscle pain by improving blood flow. You can place the chair at the 15 inches wall distance small room. The massaging session can be done 10 to minutes. For these points, it can be considered as the best living room chairs for lower back pain.
Mcombo Electric Features:
- It is made with dual faux leather and thick cushions that ensure comfort with padded headrest and armrests.
- It has 8 vibrating nodes that provide massage and reduce back, neck, body pain effectively.
- The 5 intensities and 9 mode setting ensure massage with heat that improves blood circulation.
- It has dual USB ports and cup holders that allows to charge phones and keep drinks near you.
- The powerful motor and heavy metal construction provide lifting and tilting chair easily.
4. CANMOV Power Lift Recliner Chair for Elderly- Heavy Duty
CANMOV Power Lift Recliner Chair is designed with overstuffed foam cushions with polyester supple that provide comfort and odor-free experience. It has a pillow on back and armrest that provides relaxation on back and hands that makes it one of the most comfortable chairs for back pain. Also, it has an electric motor that allows to lift, tilt and recline the chair with adjustable position and provide lean back experience.
It has a remote control device that can control the chair with 2 keys. You can put remote control, books, magazines etc. in the side pockets. It is constructed with a durable metal frame that provides strength and stability. It is easy to assemble with hand tools and clean with a dry cloth without oil or power. Also, it can hold up to 300 pounds of weight.
Its wide armrests and headrest provide more comfort and ease. The lumbar support ensures comfortable seating experience with good posture. It is upholstered with anti-skid material that provides safety. Also, it can be rotated 360 degrees with the remote that provide more relaxation.
CANMOV Power Features:
- It is upholstered with anti-skid polyester supple and thick cushions that provide comfort.
- The pillow on the back and armrests reduce back pain and hand pain effectively.
- It is constructed with a sturdy solid metal frame that ensures stability and holds up to 300 pounds user weight.
- The remote control allows to lift, tilt and recline the chair with a silent electric motor.
- It has side pockets that allow to keep books, magazines and remote control etc.
5. ANJ Manual Fabric Recliner Chair, Soft Reclining Chair for Living Room Modern Sofa
ANJ Manual Fabric Recliner Chair has high quality PU leather and thick padding that provide relaxed seating position. Its backrest, headrests and armrests have soft cushions that provide relaxation on back, neck and arms. Also, it can be considered as the living room chairs for bad backs because the backrest cushion automatically retracts when you move.
The chair is constructed with a heavy-duty metal frame that allows to seat on the chair more than 25000 times. For its durable and steady frame, it can hold up to 300 pounds user weight easily. Below the right armrest, you can see a pull lever that allows to recline the chair 110 to 145 degrees to get comfort and relaxation.
It has extended lumbar and feet support that ensure good seating posture with excellent support. You can quickly clean up the chair without detergent or oil. The height of the seat is 16.5 inches so everyone can use it freely. Also, it allows to rotate 360 degrees to change your direction.
ANJ Manual Features:
- It is made with PU leather and thick cushion that provide comfortable seating experience.
- It has extra soft padding on backrest, headrest and armrests that helps reduce back pain, neck pain and body pain.
- With the pull lever, it can be reclined 110 to 145 degrees according to your comfort and needs.
- Its heavy-duty metal frame provides stability and can hold up to 300 pounds user weight.
- The extra lumbar and leg support provides additional support with good posture.
What To Consider Before Buying A Living Room Chair For Lower Back Pain?
Before buying the best living room chairs for lower back pain, keep consideration the important factors that will help you to make the right choice. The factors are mentioned below:
The first thing to consider about the seat is that it has the appropriate measurements for your hips and waist. If it is very narrow, you will not be able to move in the chair and it will negatively affect your circulation, while if it is too wide, it can make it difficult for you to rest your elbows on the armrest. The front edge of the seat should not be so long. The chair must be at least 5 cm from your knees when you sit. Also, check the upholstery material quality and it should be made with breathable leather that is easily washed with a simple dry cloth.
Ergonomic chairs usually include a small structure in the lower front part of the backrest that acts as a support for the lower back and spine. The lumbar support should be chosen according to the shape of your waist that provides comfortable seating experience.
Recline and rotation:
The reclining feature of a chair ensures a lean posture that helps to reduce back pain. Your selected living room chair has a better range of reclining capacity. The reclining range should be 90 degrees to 160 degrees.
Rotating chairs generally allow 360 degrees rotation. It allows to constant movement within the office without having to get up from the chair. It also allows you to interact with peers next door or behind without straining your neck or your back.
All living chairs aren’t providing massage to your body and it is not mandatory for typical back pain. In severe back pain, massage works fine with the doctor’s prescribed medication. Some models provide comprehensive air massage, heat therapy, vibration massage etc. that can relieve back pain efficiently. If you have chronic back pain, you can go for a living chair with massaging facilities.
The structure of a good ergonomic chair is not fixed. Some models have several levers, handles and systems to easily extend and reduce foot stand, backrest etc. Some models come with a remote control that allows to control reclining angle, footrest etc. So, you should buy the best one according to your needs.
By considering these factors, you will get the perfect living room chair for lower back pain.
Why Should You Buy A Living Room Chair For Back Pain?
For several reasons and health benefits, you should buy a living room chair for back pain. They are:
- The living room chairs are made with high-quality breathable material and thick cushions that provide support on the back, neck and full body, effectively reduce back pain, beck pain and muscle pain.
- They provide lumbar support that helps to maintain the right seating posture and your spine will not get pressure.
- It has padded backrest, armrests and headrest that provide comfort and allows to do work for a long time in the desk without pain.
- The chairs can recline 90 degrees to 160 degrees using remote or pulling lever that provides a lean-back seating position with comfort.
- It helps to reduce stress and mental anxieties by removing all pain from your body which is good for wellbeing.
These are the reasons why you need a living room chair for back pain. Now, you can choose the best one from our reviewed living room chairs for back pain.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here, we have answered some frequently asked questions about living room chair for lower back pain.
Is a hard chair better for your back?
Sitting on a hard chair for a long time can create pressure on the spine and back that will develop back pain. Also, bad posture in the back chair can lead to chronic back pain.
Is it better to sit up straight or lean back?
The leaning back sitting position is better than a straight-up position. Straight sitting posture provides comfort and improves physical health, but the 135 degrees leaning back posture offer more comfort and reduce back pain quickly.
Is sleeping in a chair bad for your back?
The chair is not suitable for sleeping. If you should sleep on the chair due to a long time working, you can sleep in a leaning back chair that concluded 135 degrees rocking posture.
Is walking good for lower back pain?
Waling is a well-known exercise and it cannot reduce lower back pain permanently but ensure little bit of comfort. Sometimes, over walking can increase lower back pain.
Can sitting in a bad chair cause lower back pain?
Of course, sitting on a bad chair cause lower back pain because it cannot ensure comfort and an accurate sitting position that can develop spinal pain on the back.
The living room chair for lower back pain helps to maintain good posture during activities and improve muscle flexibility. Here, we have rounded up 5 best living room chairs for lower back pain. From the best 5, I would like to recommend Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair that provides 8 levels of vibrating message on a different part of the body to reduce back, neck and muscle pain effectively.
It is made with double faux leather and thick cushions that ensure comfort and relaxation. Also, it can recline up to 140 degrees for good posture that operated with TUV certified silent motor. The sturdy metal frame ensures anti-back-tipping safety and long-lasting performance.